If you already know how to set up a network game with CM3, CM99/00 or CM00/01, there's no need
for you to read this - on CM01/02 it works the same way!
Another very interesting detail of CM01/02 is that you can play it over the internet. OK, I never
played an internet game until now, and at the moment I think I'll also never play one in the
future. It's very slow, and you've to pay online costs - happy you freeserve users and
But for everyone who wants to play over network, here how it should work:
Start a new network game:
1. You must be online!
2. Click on "Network Play"
3. Click "Start New Game"
4. Choose your league(s). CM01/02 is now loading its database.
5. Enter your Name and choose your club.
6. Now appears the screen "Manager Status", where you get your IP-Address displayed in the top
left of the screen. Give this number (e.g. 220.127.116.11) to everyone you want to start the
network game with. But better don't give it to people you don't know!
Join a network Game:
1. You must know the IP-Address of the game you want to join (Ask the person who started it)
2. You must be online!
3. Click on "Network Play"
4. Click "Join Network Game"
5. Now you're on the screen "Select Network Game". Enter the IP-Address (e.g. 18.104.22.168)
6. If there is a CM01/02 game existing on this IP-Address you're now able to load it. If you get the
message that the network game could not be joined, you either entered the wrong IP or the game
doesn't exist (the person who started the game must be in it when you join).